IBS 19

               Eph 6:1  Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

You know how you hear about that one perfect  kid that everyone hates. Well that wasn't me. If I could rewrite this verse as a child It would probably say this. Hey kids don't bother listening to your parents they don't know what they are talking about and PS rules are made to be broken. So yeah this verse has always been hard for me to follow. This isn't the only place where they mention this in the Bible.                           Col 3:20  Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.   So we can clearly see that this is important to God. I have been learning that God puts people over us in life for a reason. Just like your parents, you could have the worst parents ever and God still could be using it for good. Thankful I have great parents that are very patient. I lived most of my life trying and testing my parents and thankfully God was still able to save my relationship with them both. The point of the story listen to what the Bible is saying and you will be way better off. 


Application 


Applying this verse is kinda weird now that I'm 20 years old and I live in a different country. But this verse doesn't tell us to stop listening to them when we turn 20. So I will continue listening to my parents counsel. 

Comments

Popular Posts