IBS 11

Luk 8:11  Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:12  Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13  They on the rock are they,which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Luk 8:14  And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures ofthis life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luk 8:15  But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it,and bring forth fruit with patience.


Love theses verses, they pretty much sum up our lives. No one is perfect and everyone falls into sin and starts to listen to the enemy. And when you start to listen  to anyone but God you start to fall away from God.  The devil is sneaky and try's to slowly bring you away from God. That's all it takes to bring you farther from God. And before we know it we are so far way from God. Then we realize that God is right there reaching out. But if we seek God and plant ourself in Gods word we will grow and fruit will come. With fruit brings patiences,  love and peace.  Psa 1:3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. A follower of God that plants himself in God will prosper. 

Application 



Applying. This verse is kinda hard. I can say all day "I am going to plant myself and my thoughts in Gods word everyday" but how can I actually keep myself accountable and still plant myself in him. Well I am going to plant myself in Gods word tomorrow morning and tell Roaren about my bible study. 

Comments

Popular Posts